1200 in 2011

Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Running, Then Pics (Weeks 37 & 38)

I spent nearly all of Week 37 in Subic Bay which afforded me the tremendous opportunity of running on the road and using my GPS. One of the fun features of the Garmin Training Center is that it shows you a map of your run after your done. It's not a very detailed map, and you can see from the picture below that perhaps it's not the most accurate or current map.
I can assure you that even though I was running fast (or so I felt), I was not running on water. Still, with three good runs in Subic (and one in Zamboanga to finish off the week) Week 37 (12-18 September) was an overall good week for running.

My Week 37 totals were:
Total Runs Logged: 4
Total Miles: 29.6
Total Time Spent Running: 3 hours, 41 minutes, 36 seconds
Average Pace: 7:29 (min/mile)

For Week 38 (19-25 September) I was back in Zam, and back to running on a treadmill. There are definitely ups and downs to the treadmill run. It does get fairly repetitive and is not super exciting, but it forces me to keep my pace up even when I'm tired and don't feel like running fast, but know I need to. Interesting? No, but with the week down, I'm even closer to my goal than I was before the week started.

The totals for Week 38 were:
Total Runs Logged: 5
Total Miles: 32.2
Total Time Spent Running: 3 hours, 57 minutes, 0 seconds
Average Pace: 7:21 (min/mile)

With two more weeks of 2011 done, my new totals since 4 July are:
Total Runs Logged: 59
Total Miles: 325.3
Total Time Spent Running: 41 hours, 20 minutes, 07 seconds
Average Pace: 7:37 (min/mile)
My Total Miles in 2011 thus far: 1073.6

Although the past 2 weeks were good for running, they weren't that great for my planned "Two-A-Days." It takes a great bit of effort and motivation to workout twice in one day, and with travel and work sucking up time too, it's easy to come up with an excuse not to workout. Still, I'm feeling good about my overall running, so as long as I getting my miles in each week, I have to be satisfied. My primary goal after all was to run 1200 miles this year...when I get two workouts in a day, that's a bonus.

Pictures coming very soon...stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment