1200 in 2011

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Me and my so called "plans"



Rewind about 6 days ago when I had typed in my last blog entry that I was going to add two more blogs to my site THAT day. Now, fast forward about 7-8 hours and you'll find me at work organizing my desk and preparing for the week ahead. It's not particularly out of the norm, I do this every Sunday evening (the exception being that I'm at a new desk now). A framed and matted photo is wedged between the wall and my desk, and as far as I can tell it's been there since about Aug 2009. It was supposed to be a going away gift for someone, but they made an error on the plaque, so it was cast aside and forgotten. The photo was a nice military picture though, almost identical to this one:
I thought it would be worthwhile to remove the plaque from the matte and hang the picture. Of course i didn't want to ruin the matte, and what better way to remove a firmly attached plaque than with the an exceptionally sharp knife? (Does anyone see where this is going?)
The following picture is not the result of me using a knife (Benchmade by the way) to remove the plaque, it is the end result of about 3 hours in the ER, the handy work of a Navy Hospital Corpsman, and about 6 days of healing. Sorry if it's a little graphic...

Yeah, that is four stitches in my thumb, all in all I'd say it's not the best way to spend a Sunday night, but for the record, I did bandage myself up at work and drive home before Stephanie took me to the hospital. Also, the doctor and nurses complimented me on my bandaging job.
As a result of the injury, I avoided running for the week, and never got around to blogging...that is changing now. I'm feeling better, and I've got some stories. Stay tuned...

1 comment:

  1. ouch :( though like i said, you probably would have gotten seen sooner in the ER had you been hysterical like i would have been if it was me ;)

    ReplyDelete