1200 in 2011

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Week 7 (14-20 Feb) Recap

Okay, I know it's nearly the end of week 8, so I'm going back in time here a bit. In fact I've published my last 3 blog updates in the reverse order that they occurred; however, now that I have them published, you can read them chronologically. After 2 weeks of hardly any running, I hit week 7, well...running. I knew I needed to get back into the habit of running, but at the same time, with my triathlon scheduled on Sunday, I knew that I was going to have to front load my miles and take it easy on the last two days so I would be rested before the race. With my longest workout being a 12-mile/1 hour, 35 minute run the previous week, and anticipating the triathlon would take nearly a full hour more, I knew that I had to be smart about my workouts or risk "crashing" during the race. All in all I was pretty successful, finishing one 8+ mile run (though a noticeably slower pace than when I was running in chilly San Antonio), a 7.7 mile run, and 5 other shorter runs. Counting the 10K (6.2 miles) that I ran on Sunday, my Week 7 totals were:

Total Runs Logged: 7
Total Miles: 30.6
Total Time Spent Running: 3 hours, 50 minutes, 17 seconds
Average Pace: 7:31 minutes/mile

At the end of Week 7 (20 Feb), my "as of" totals were:

Total Runs Logged: 39
Total Miles: 230.6
Total Time Spent Running: 28 hours, 42 minutes, 37 seconds
Average Pace: 7:28 minutes/mile

Reflection Time!
Alright, spoiler alert for week 8...I didn't log any runs. I'll attribute the first couple of days of no running to my thumb injury (didn't seem like a good idea to get it sweaty and nasty), but the last couple of days were more of being consumed with work. I did participate in an exciting event on Saturday, that I'll blog about in the very near future. Also, with February nearly over, and still being ahead of my 100 mile/month goal, I'm still feeling good. I do feel like I've made several excuses for not running recently, partly real and imagined. I know if I want to stay on this goal, I'll have to drop the excuses and get to running. This is especially true with the Guam Marathon less than 4 weeks away. I've got some work to do!

No comments:

Post a Comment