1200 in 2011

Sunday, October 2, 2011

9 Months and 1100 Miles (Week 39)

I think it's safe to say that barring any freak accident, I'm going to make my 1200 mile running goal this year. With 91 days left in the year, my new "goal" is to make it all the way to 1500. That means for the remainder of the year I'll have to run just over 4 miles a day; a very realistic goal for me to attain. This week I really pushed myself to get a lot of runs in the day; possibly more than I should have. In addition to running every day morning before work there were a couple of evenings were I ran as a warm up to my second workout of the day. After Sunday's run, I was completely wiped out, so for the remaining 13 weeks in the year, i should incorporate a few breaks, and keep the running to once a day. Still, it was one of my best weeks of running for the year both in average pace and total distance. It took its toll on me, but I think it was worth it.

My Week 39 (26 Sep - 2 Oct) Totals are as follows:
Total Runs Logged: 9
Total Miles: 48.2
Total Time Spent Running: 5 hours 59 minutes, 16 seconds
Average Pace: 7:27 (min/mile)

With a great week of running to cap off the month of September and looking back at the past three months; I'd say it has been pretty good for running. My totals from July 4th through October 2nd are:
Total Runs Logged: 68
Total Miles: 373.5
Total Time Spent Running: 47 hours, 19 minutes, 23 seconds
Average Pace: 7:36 (min/mile)
This brings my total miles in 2011 to: 1121.8

REFLECTION TIME: Well to make my goal of 1500 miles in 2011, I essentially need to duplicate what I did the past three months. It is doable, but hopefully, I can plan to be more consistent in my runs so that I'm not killing myself in the weekly mileage to hit 1500 as 2012 nears. In the past three months, there were 5 weeks where I didn't hit 25 miles. To get to 1500, I'll need to average about 28 miles per week. With easy access to a treadmill and the time to do it, I shouldn't have too hard a time doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment