1200 in 2011

Sunday, October 30, 2011

Week 43 (24-30 Oct)


As far as running weeks go, this was certainly one of the least exciting weeks since the year started. Aside from the music I was listening to, and the treadmill I was using, not much changed from day to day this week when it came to my nightly runs. That being said, this week was also, the best running week I've had with regards to total miles, and so even though it wasn't exciting, it was definitely a good week for running

My Totals for the Week Are:
Total Runs Logged: 7
Total Miles: 53.7
Total Time Spent Running: 6 hours, 49 minutes, 52 seconds
Average Pace: 7:37 (min/mile)

While I intentionally kept the pace a little slower than normal, it didn't have too much of an effect on my overall total. In the long run (ha!) it probably helped me this week because I was never too tired or sore to actually run. My new totals for 4 July to 30 October are:

Total Runs Logged:81
Total Miles: 517.8
Total Time Spent Running: 65 hours, 35 minutes, 16 seconds
Average Pace: 7:35 (min/mile)

My total miles run thus far is: 1266.1

REFLECTION TIME! Not an exciting week for running, but with the 1200 mile mark far behind me, and the end of my running in 2011 so close (just 2 months left), even during weeks where the running isn't very fun, the excitement of actually hitting 1500 miles is enough motivation to get me on the treadmill. For two weeks now I've been running at night which I'll probably continue to do, though as long as I'm in Zamboanga I cannot run outside at night. There are too many potholes and not enough light to do it safely. Perhaps, I will try a day time run in Zam at some point just so I can use my GPS here, and upload my map to the blog. For now, I'll keep using the treadmill.

Okay, I know that if running on a treadmill isn't very exciting, then reading about running on a treadmill has to be even less entertaining. For those who stuck with it to the end, though, here is something that will hopefully "lift" your spirits. I saw this while driving the other day, and had to take a picture (I wasn't actually driving, just along for the ride).

No comments:

Post a Comment