1200 in 2011

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Off to a Good Start (an Intro)

No, my 2011 New Year's Resolution is not to start a blog. In fact, since I know most New Year's Resolutions ultimately end in failure, I won't say that I have a New Year's Resolution for 2011. Instead I have a plan (sort of), and a goal. I want to run 1200 miles this year. That equates to the 100 miles a month or 25 miles a week. I know for most avid runners 25 miles a week isn't that much, but I wouldn't consider myself an avid runner. I enjoy running, and I'm pretty good at it, but when it comes to running, I tend to be on again, off again, and never very consistent. If there is a running event I'll typically train a few weeks before, but on a typical week, I'm usually not running that much. I decided that it would be a good challenge, and an interesting "experiment" to maintain a running schedule consistent enough to log at least 25 miles each week. Over the next year, I'm going to blog about my running experience. Of course 365 "running recaps" would get boring very quickly, so I'll try to spice it up a bit with details on other "Guam Happenings", "Running Tidbits", and anything else I find interesting (titles subject to change).

As for the first day of the new year, I figured it would be smart to start things out with a run. I did 10 miles in just under 1:20 in the late morning. All things considered, not the best time to run while on Guam. It was HOT, and there was no relief from the sun. It did give me time to think about what to name my blog. Unfortunately, most of my ideas were already taken (my fault for coming into the blog game so late). RunAndrewRun.Blogspot.com was already taken,but 1200in2011.blogspot.com was available so remember that when checking out my blog. It's going to be a good year for a run.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to follow your journey this year! Hopefully it'll motivate me to run more myself!

    ReplyDelete