1200 in 2011

Sunday, January 2, 2011

So Here's the "Plan"

As I said in my first blog, 100 miles a month or 25 miles a week doesn't seem like a lot, and really if I was able to break it up over 6 days (gotta have a break at least one day), it would only be about 4 miles a day. That being said, I know that I realistically won't be able to run 6 days a week. Also, while my goal is to run 1200 miles this year, that's not my only goal. Although it's months away, I will have a PT test that I hope to score a 100% on. That means I'll have to do at least 67 push-ups in a minute. I also hope to compete in the Guam's Sprint Triathlon Series, the Guam Extreme Adventure Race (GEAR), the Xterra Triathlon, and any other adventure I can find on Guam.
So you can see that doing nothing but running won't be ideal for me. Mondays are dedicated as my "strength training" day where I'll focus on push-ups and pull-ups. Tuesday, Thursdays, and Fridays are Squadron PT days. While I may run during some of the PT days, I can't count on being able to do it all the time. Luckily, I'm usually able to run to and from PT (1-mile each way), and a little extra beforehand (maybe an extra 2 miles). That totals 12 miles and leaves Wednesdays and the weekends for "maximum running opportunities." I figure if I can squeeze in 8 miles on Wednesday mornings, I will only need to run 5 miles on the weekend. Of course this is very subject to change depending on travel (Hong Kong in 2 weeks!), other Guam activities (see previous paragraph), and just how I feel. Still, the blog and my overall goal for the year will hopefully keep me motivated to keep running which will keep the daily/weekly mileage manageable.
6 more miles down today, and it was done in the early morning (started around 730) which made it way more bearable. Total pace was 7:35 min/mile. It wasn't overly exerting, but it felt good to get out and get the legs moving.
Up next...a catchy phrase to end each blog entry (maybe).

No comments:

Post a Comment