1200 in 2011

Monday, January 10, 2011

Week in Review (3-9 Jan)

One Week down, only 51 more to go! I could say something about if I was able to keep this pace up I'd finish off the year with 1700+ miles logged, but realistically I don't know if that is possible. Instead, like any other addiction (though I'm far from addicted to running), I'll take it a day/week/month at a time. Here's a look back at the week:
Total Number of Runs Logged: 6
Total Miles Logged: 33.4
Total Time Spent Running: 4 hours, 19 minutes, 23 seconds
Average Pace: 7:46 min/mile

That brings the yearly totals to: (I'm counting the 1st and 2nd of January in this one)
Total Number of Runs Logged: 8
Total Miles Logged: 49.4
Total Time Spent Running: 6 hours, 24 minutes, and 17 seconds
Average Pace: 7:46 min/mile

REFLECTION TIME!!
A week into the program, and I feel good. I wouldn't say "excited" comes to mind when I'm waking up in the morning, but I am not regretting my typically morning runs one bit. My body feels good and while I am usually a bit tired and very sweaty after running, I haven't been sore or stiff before or after the runs. I know I am not stretching enough, but that is something I'll have to work to make time for. I will be in TX in a few weeks, and was reviewing running/triathlon events that were going to be going on while I was there. There is a 50/100 mile race in Huntsville one of the weekends I'll be there. I thought about signing up for a good minute, but with the 50 mile event already full, I knew that it wasn't realistic for me to try a 100 mile race when my longest run in the past year+ has only been 13.1 miles. Still, it's good to know I am excited about doing an ultramarathon and that the thought of doing one does cross my mine. I'll keep my eyes out for such events near me, and hopefully the opportunity will present itself. Until then, I'll just keep on running.

No comments:

Post a Comment