1200 in 2011

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mid Week Check-Up

5 Days into the new year and things are still going well (though never as planned). On the positive side of it, perhaps the "accountability" of a blog keeps me focused and motivated to stick to the plan even when the plan falls through. For starters, on Monday, I had an early morning (6:30) meeting to attend. Usually at about this time I'd be halfway through my morning workout (Monday's dedicated to Strength training). I suppose I had the option of waking up an hour earlier than normal, but that's just not going to happen. Typically, I like to do my workouts in the morning; by the afternoon I'm drained and not in the mood, and on a typical week I might have called Monday a wash and justified my lack of physical activity by noting that I ran Saturday and Sunday and would be at PT on Tuesday. As the first week of the year, and still eager to reach my goal, though, so I sucked it up and did my workout in the evening. Not coincidentally, I noted that my upper body was extra sore the next day during PT.
So I know it's silly and minor deviation, but a bump in the road nonetheless. Tuesday and today went just as I hoped logging 4.1 miles and 8 miles respectively. Still, I know all weeks won't be the easy on me, and I will face many challenges in the coming months. That's when I'll really need to stay focused, stay positive, and keep running.
By the way, if you interested in doing some extreme running, look into the "Badwater Ultramarathon." It's a 135-mile race that starts in Death Valley and ends at Mt Whitney. The race is from July 11-13. Go to http://www.badwater.com/ for more details. If that's a little too extreme you can check out http://www.ultramarathonrunning.com/races/#usa for a ultra running race near you. If that's still too extreme and you live on Guam, I HIGHLY recommend the Stick 'n Back Super-Sprint Triathlon. Get more information and the entry form here. I'll give you more details about this awesome race in my next blog, but if you've ever even thought about doing a triathlon, this is the one for you.
Until then...(I still haven't figured out how to end it)

No comments:

Post a Comment