1200 in 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Major Catching Up to Do

Wow! It would be an understatement to say the last week and a half hasn’t been busy. Work (lots of it), travel, preparing for travel, and of course a fair amount of running. I suppose I should start out by recapping my running for the past couple of weeks.

Week 2:
Total Number of Runs Logged: 8
Total Miles Logged: 34.5
Total Time Spent Running: 4 hours, 20 minutes, and 19 seconds
Average Pace: 7:31

That makes my new "as of" total after 2 weeks of running:
Total Number of Runs Logged: 16
Total Miles Logged: 83.9
Total Time Spent Running: 10 hours, 44 minutes, and 36 seconds
Average Pace: 7:41

Now, my 2nd week of running had my first “great” run, but the real highlight of the week was not the distance but the location. Friday night Stephanie I flew to Hong Kong for the three-day weekend. Later on I’ll post pictures and blog about our adventures (Check it out on my Stephanie's Blog here), but for now I’ll just talk about the running. While most studies would probably say that running in a colder climate is easier than the hot and humid of someplace like Guam especially with regards to muscle fatigue and endurance. That’s probably true; however, after nearly a year and a half of running in Guam, I’ve come quite accustomed to it. Going from running in 80+ degree weather one day to around 50 degree weather the next is quite a shock to the system. . I am really not sure about the air quality in Hong Kong compared to Guam, but I will say that it was noticeably harder to breathe in the very “crisp” air. I ran about 5 miles on both Sunday and Monday and although the cold air provided a new challenge, it was great running in a new environment. Hopefully in future travel adventures I’ll continue my running as well. The running blog and goal for 1200 miles this will hopefully encourage me to maintain an active lifestyle even when on “vacation”.

No comments:

Post a Comment