1200 in 2011

Monday, January 24, 2011

Week 3 Thus Far

As for my 3rd week of running, like I said before, on Monday we were in Hong Kong, so I ran 5 miles along the waterfront that morning. We left Hong Kong LATE Monday night and didn't make it back to Guam until about 6am on Tuesday. Unfortunately, that put a slight damper on my running/workout plans. Still, I managed to run a little more than 2 miles Tuesday night. Wednesday I had another "great" 8 mile run. Thursday morning, anticipating very busy day at work, I actually managed to get out of bed at 5am, and ran 6+ miles. It was great running, despite a lot of rain, but work was very busy and I didn't get home until very late. Because I got home so late I opted to sleep in a bit on Friday before going to work. As such, I was not able to get a run in on Friday.

I would say that I missed not running, but truth be told I was REALLY tired. I can honestly justify my break by saying that I've ran or worked out every day for quite some time (Saturday in Hong Kong we did a LOT of walking). That being said, I still feel a little guilt about not working out. I'll probably more than make up for it this weekend (in SAN ANTONIO), and then I'll feel better. In all honesty, I know the break will probably be better for me in the long run (haha) too.

While the past 10 days or so have kept me very busy, hopefully I'll se a bit of reprieve over the next few weeks. this may allow me to not only keep up the running schedule, but also keep my blog updated. I've enjoyed writing thus far, and hopefully as I continue on my running journey, I'll get into a better groove with my writing. Hopefully, with more travels planned, multiple triathlons, and a general willingness to embrace new adventures I'll be able to keep the blog exciting. I suppose running and writing a blog are both similar in the fact that if you don't mix it up every once and a while, it can get boring pretty quick. I'm going to definitely try to keep that from happening. So I'll keep running, but keep it fun too.

1 comment: